Last week, we informed you about the release of the new Qingping Motion & Light Sensor with Thread. We have already been using the new HomeKit sensor for a few days and would like to give you a few points to help you make a purchase decision based on our experience.
- Model CGPR1 Qingping Motion & Light Sensor T
- Bluetooth and Thread
- PIR sensor with multi-part Fresnel lens
- Brightness measurement 0 ~ 83,000 lux
- Motion detection 5 seconds to 5 minutes
- Detection range 15° (7 m) ~ 120° (within 2 m)
- 2 x CR2450 button cell
- Operating time up to two years
- UV-resistant housing (no yellowing). Not suitable for outdoor use
- Magnetic holder
- Dimensions 38 × 38 × 35.9 mm, holder: 36 × 36 × 13.7 mm
The setup and use
The sensor is integrated into your Apple home within seconds via the HomeKit QR code and provides its measurement values as usual. The request via Siri and the use in automations is smooth. In addition, the current battery level of the sensor is displayed in HomeKit.
The Qingping+ app provides an overview of the historical values. It is also possible to set the duration of motion detection between 5 seconds and 5 minutes. In addition, the sensor is supplied with a current firmware update via the app if necessary.
We are excited about the new Qingping Motion & Light Sensor with Thread. The workmanship is impeccable and technically the compact sensor functions excellently. The connection via Thread promises a fast response time, long range and long battery life. The sensor holds magnetically to all metallic surfaces. The included holder has an adhesive pad on the bottom and holds the sensor magnetically and flexibly in any position with a lightly rubberized hemisphere.
At a price of 24.99 EUR, we currently find the device highly recommendable.