The HomeKit architecture upgrade released with iOS 16.2 is said to provide improved stability and faster device response times. While the upgrade has gone smoothly for most of you, there are still some who report problems. Considering this, Apple has withdrawn the upgrade for now and has published a support document.
The steps to be taken are for anyone who cannot access a home or accept an invitation.
- On the invited user’s iPhone or iPad running iOS or iPadOS version 16.2, open the Home app and tap the More button to see a list of homes.
- On the invited user’s iPhone or iPad, remove homes that don’t have accessories. Tap a home to select it, tap the More button, select Home Settings , scroll down, and tap Remove Home. If the invited user has a home with accessories, contact Apple Support.
- Restart the invited user’s and home owner’s iPhone or iPad, and restart all Apple TV and HomePod devices in the home.
- On the home owner’s iPhone or iPad, open the Home app and remove any pending invitations to the invited user. Tap the More button, select Home Settings , tap the guest’s name, and tap Cancel Invitation.
- Resend the invitation to share control of the home to the invited user.
Make sure the invited user accepts the invitation within 3 hours or the invitation expires. If the invitation expires, complete steps 3-5 again.
Leave a Reply